Image Map

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Showcase Sunday #6



Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Books, Biscuits, and Tea, inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and The Story Siren. Its aim is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week.






This week was FANTASTIC in books. There's an event happening in Sao Paulo about books. It's like a BEA, but everybody can go, the books aren't free, and there aren't ARCs there. Kind of like a giant bookstore, where each publisher has its own stand and features. I went there on tuesday, and I freaked out. Seriously. I bought a lot of books, all of them in Portuguese:


Graceling, by Kristin Cashore
Starters, by Lissa Price
Wake, by Amanda Hocking
A Long, Long Sleep, by Anna Sheehan
Before I Fall, by Lauren Oliver
Pure, by Julianna Baggott

I know this doesn't exactly fit in this post, but I just thought I'd share a picture with you guys. You know Game of Thrones, right? Well... The Iron Throne was there, on the Game of Thrones' publisher's stand, and I sat on it. I sat on the Iron Throne! And I know this isn't a huge deal, not really, but for me, someone who loves the tv show and doesn't miss a single episode, it is. I felt like I really was on King's' Landing.


I also got something that's more book-related than the picture above. A necklace with the Hunger Games' mockingjay. A friend of mine bought it recently, and he sold it to me. 




And then, to make matters worse (or better, I guess) I got some ebooks as well:


Innocent Darkness, by Suzanne Lazear
The Demigod Diaries, by Rick Riordan
The Treachery of Beautiful Things, by Ruth Frances Long

So, these are all the book-related things that I got this week. I can't wait to get started on these books, especially Innocent Darkness, since I've been craving for it to be released. The Demigod Diaries was a really cute anthology, featuring a Percy and Annabeth novella, some games, and a novella writen by Rick Riordan's son. It was plenty of fun, and very quick to read. 
What about you guys? What did you get this week? Tell me in comments, or leave me a link, and I'll check it out!

4 comments:

  1. You sat on the Iron Throne?! :o AWESOME. I also got The Treachery of Beautiful Things this week, but I'm unsure about it as I haven't had much luck with fae books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A long, long sleep is SUCH AN AWESOME BOOK. I really loved it. It's heartbreaking :( And The treachery of beautiful things <3 OH MY, I want to have this one SO badly :p

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/showcase-sunday-11-first-arc.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that throne!! How is awesome is that?! This bookish event sounds amazing and I'm glad to see you grabbed some great titles. Before I Fall is an absolute favourite of mine! Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh! So much awesome :D Gaaaah! Totally jealous of the throne! I love Game of Thrones. <3 It is so perfect :D Lots of great books as well ;) Hope you'll love them all. <3 Graceling is PERFECT, though :D Just so you know ;p (READ IT)
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete