Image Map

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #11

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's choice is:


House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires #7), by Chloe Neill
Publication date: February 2013, by NAL Penguin
- Add it on Goodreads

In a city full of vampires, trouble never sleeps.

At the tender age of 27, Merit became a sword-wielding vampire. Since then, she’s become the protector of her House, watched Chicago nearly burn to the ground, and seen her Master fall and rise. Now she’ll see her mettle—and her metal —tested like never before.

It started with two . . . Two rogues vanishing without a trace. Someone is targeting Chicago’s vampires, and anyone could be next. With their house in peril, Merit and her Master, the centuries old Ethan Sullivan, must race to stop the disappearances. But as they untangle a web of secret alliances and ancient evils, they realize their foe is more familiar, and more powerful, than they could have ever imagined.





I can't believe I've chosen this book, but the truth is, I'm crazy about this series, and even though Biting Cold, the sixth book, hasn't been released yet, I'm eager to get my hands on House Rules. I mean, seriously, it's the seventh book. And things are getting better and better... What's not to love about that?
I didn't like the cover, though... the model is too thin and her hair is black. Not like Merit at all... and to be honest, the cover looks so common, it's like I'm reading any other urban fantasy book, and Chicagoland Vamps is so much more than that <3

What are you waiting for this week? 

 

5 comments:

  1. Oooh! This does sound interesting. Great choice!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani (new follower)
    My WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2069

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick. I still haven't started this series, but I need to so soon!
    Em
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice! I really like that cover =D I have been really wanting to start reading this series.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, awesome cover ;D Have not heard of this series before; but it seems awesome :D I hope you will love both the sixth book and the seventh :D Enjoy ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hadn't seen the cover for this! it looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete