Image Map

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tell me something tuesday #6


Tell me something Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Cambria Hebert, in which she asks us something, and we post our answer. And the question of the week is:

If you could spend a day with a book character, who would it be and what would you do?

That's actually a very interesting question. I could spend a day with a lot of characters, but from all of them, I think I would have to choose Merit, from the Chicagoland Vampires series, by Chloe Neill. Merit is funny, smart, and snarky. Her point of view is always refreshing and I honestly couldn't choose another person but Mer. 

She was attacked by a vampire on her university and saved by Ethan Sullivan, who turned her into one of their own. Mer is appointed as Sentinel of Cadogan House, and since book one, she's been struggling with her duties and her own emotions. She's grown so much since then, especially in Hard Bitten and Drink Deep. It's rare to see such a deep character development, both in the main character, and in the love interest, and Chloe Neil managed to write about both. 

The tricky question here is the second one. What would I do with a vampire warrior who loves to eat?
I'd probably take Merit to the best restaurant in town, and after that, she could take me on a tour in Cadogan House (hopefully the Master, Ethan Sullivan, would be inside. Wouldn't it be great if I got the chance to talk to him?). I'm hoping she'd show me how to throw a few punches and sword-fighting moves, and we'd spare a little. Too much of a dream, but a girl has to try. 

So that's my answer. If I had the chance to choose another character, that would be Jace, from The Mortal Instruments. Who wouldn't want to spend a day with him? Seriously. 

What about you, what's your answer to this question? :D


7 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series but it looks great! What a dun day you talk about with your character. Anyone who loves to eat is good my me, LOL.
    I will have to give this series a try.
    Thanks for joining in TMST this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beatriz. Merit is a good choice. I liked her and especially that she and the rest of the characters had healthy appetites. I was always hungry after reading that book. I am totally in love with Jeff. He is a nerd and adorable! I want to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, me too! Jeff is awesome; it'd be great to meet him, wouldn't it? *-*

      Delete
  3. Hi Beatriz. I haven't started this series, but now I'm definitely looking forward to it. Great answer this week! I can't wait to meet Merit, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I have seen this series around but I have never read any... But I am liking the sound of it!
    Character development is so important in a series, I think it must be hard to keep it balanced though... you need enough development to keep it interesting but too much can be disappointing and can loose the feel of a chacracter...
    Merit sounds great though! (A butt-kicking friend sounds awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, character development is very important, especially in this series, since it's not two or three books, but nine books... Chloe does it really well, though. Give this series a shot. It's definitely worth it! :D

      Delete
  5. Wow! Sounds like an very interesting read! I'm defiantly going to have check it out the next time I'm at the library. :) Umm...tonight, I think. LOL Thanks, Beatriz!

    ReplyDelete