Image Map

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #3




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:




  •  Grab your current read; 
  • Open to a random page;
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page;
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!);
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser is from By a Thread, by Jennifer Estep (the sixth book in the Elemental Assassin series). I finished reading it a couple of hours ago, but since I'm not currently reading anything, I thought I'd share this quote ;D It's one of my favorites.

 
By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6) 

"You forgot one thing. [...] No matter how powerful you think you are, there’s not a fucking thing you can do about a knife in your heart,” I said. “Especially when the Spider is the one who put it there.” 
- Chapter 24


 And that's why I consider Gin the best main character there is. She's scary, ruthless, badass, and still manages to be human and caring. I love her for it <3 







2 comments:

  1. Can you believe I haven't even read this first book yet? :D Great teaser! I must change that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Sam, you must! This series is fantastic <3

      Delete